For this project I wanted to create a code that visualizes a song, something like karaoke slides. I chose the beginning of Porcelain by MOBY (which up until this point I was sure was gibberish and not a real words). I planned my visual in illustrator:
The plan was to create an amplitude that will describe the music and words that will be shown in the moments that they appear in the song.
First I uploaded the song:
Then I followed this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCCHQwNAN6Y&feature=youtu.be&list=PLRqwX-V7Uu6aFcVjlDAkkGIixw70s7jpW The video shows how to create an ellipse amplitude, this is how it looked in my sketch
It worked! the ellipse changed according to the song, but I wanted a different shape.
With the help of this video:
I changed the code and added an if statement with splice in order that the amplitude will continue after it gets to the end of the canvas.
Then I uploaded the font and wrote the code for the words.
I decided to try and color the words by the beat
I thought I will see the right beat in the console and define it in the code. But every time I defined and reloaded the sketch the beats have changed. So I decided to change my plan and write the current time that the word is playing in the song by hand (which isn't the smartest plan I have to say)... it didn't worked.
For some reason the current time was 0 all the time. That was weird...
I read in the internet to try to find out what was the problem, and apparently it is because of p5 upgrade, I needed to change the html version. After I changed it, it worked and I defined the current time by hand. I got what I planned but I feel like there is abetter way to do it.