This week I started with the Servo motor.
The first thing I tried is to connect between a Servo motor and a sensor.
Then I wanted the motor to move another object. So I connected it to one of the sides of a cardboard box:
And with the help of a string I managed to get more control of the movement.
This whole experiment made me think that I can go back to my original idea, or at least part of it.
I though about a few points that are important to me to have in my project:
- A full communication between the figure and the human
- An interesting interaction between an object and a human
- An interesting movement of the figure
- A figure that would not look like a human or a toy but still have the feeling of a living creature
- The figure movement needs to be authentic
With those pointers I searched for a new inspiration
Here are a few sketches with the interaction: